- BBC NEWS | Technology | Three million hit by Windows worm
A virulent Windows virus is racking up millions of victims, report computer security firms.
- Description of the Windows 2000 System File Checker (Sfc.exe)
This article describes the System File Checker tool (Sfc.exe) that is used with the Windows File Protection (WFP) feature. The System File Checker tool gives an administrator the ability to scan all of the protected files to verify their versions....
- Description of the Windows File Protection feature
This article describes the Windows File Protection (WFP) feature.
- Description of Windows XP and Windows Server 2003 System File Checker (Sfc.exe)
This article describes System File Checker (Sfc.exe), which is a command-line utility used with the Windows File Protection (WFP) feature.
- Distinguishing Windows NT Audit Event Records
Auditing log on and log off events on Windows NT Workstation or Server versions 3.5 and 3.51 produces records in the Security Log. However, what appear to be identical records in the Security Log may actually record network log on and log off...
- Download - µTorrent - The Lightweight and Efficient BitTorrent Client
µTorrent is a lightweight and efficient BitTorrent client for Windows or Mac with many features.
- Download details: Step-by-Step Guide to Securing Windows XP Professional in Small and Medium Businesses
This guide explains how to implement the security measures recommended in the Microsoft Windows XP Security Guide in a small or medium business environment without an Active Directory directory service deployment. These recommendations help ensure that your desktop and laptop systems running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (SP2) are more secure from the majority of current security threats.
- Downloads » Freeware Tools » Page 1 - www.hiren.info
Download Boot Screen Builder For Windows Xp, Hard Disk Indicator, Trillian Password Reset, MultiRes, RegCompactNET, Surveillance Scan, DustBuster XP, Clean My Registry, Tweaker, EOM Password Recovery, Freeware.
- Dramatically Improve Your PC Startup Speed! - Video
In this short guide I will show you how to dramaticallyincrease your Windows XP boot up speed. I showed this tocomputer experts once and they were a. Watch Video about Tweak,Speed,Windows by Metacafe.com
- government, and Microsoft Windows news on CNET
Come to CNET for the latest news stories and articles related to government, and Microsoft Windows.
- How do I install the Uploader? - Video Help
Google Video Upload Instructions
Download for Windows
Download for Mac (4/10/2007)
Download for Linux/Solaris (4/10/2007)
Using the Uploader
Adding Information After
- How the Recycle Bin Stores Files
When you delete a file in Windows Explorer or My Computer, the file appears in the Recycle Bin. The file remains in the Recycle Bin until you empty the Recycle Bin or restore the file. Older files are also removed from the Recycle Bin when newer...
- How To Create a User-Defined Service
The Windows NT Resource Kit provides two utilities that allow you to create a Windows NT user-defined service for Windows NT applications and some 16-bit applications (but not for batch files). Instrsrv.exe installs and removes system services...
- How to harden the TCP/IP stack against denial of service attacks in Windows 2000
Describes how to harden the TCP/IP stack against denial of service attacks in Windows 2000.
- How to harden the TCP/IP stack against denial of service attacks in Windows Server 2003
Describes how to harden the TCP/IP stack against denial of service attacks in Windows Server 2003.
- How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting
This article describes how to recover a Windows XP system that does not start because of corruption in the registry. This procedure does not guarantee full recovery of the system to a previous state; however, you should be able to recover data when you...
in Computers by 5 users
- Indexing service adds data streams to image files
Windows 2000 Content Indexing Server may add additional data streams to image files (.jpg, .gif, .bmp) that are stored on NTFS volumes. By default, a filter driver is installed that creates thumbnails of images. These thumbnails are stored in an...
- Internet Information Services 6.0 Features
Learn about specific new features and enhancements in Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0, a component of Windows Server 2003 that provides a complete Web server.
- Kiwi Enterprises - Home
A Freeware Syslog Daemon for Windows. Licensed version also available. Receives, logs, displays, forwards, archives and e-mails Syslog messages from routers, switches, unix boxes. Works with Cisco, 3Com, SonicWall, PIX, NetGear, LinkSys, Nortel and any syslog enabled device. Registered version can alert via e-mail, syslog, snmp or external program. Kiwi CatTools is a config management and network automation tool for Cisco/3Com/Nortel/Extreme/Foundry etc devices.
Home of Kiwi Syslog Server, Switch Port Mapper, Kiwi CatTools, & More Network Monitoring Tools from SolarWinds! Download FREE trials!
cattools kiwi mapper monitoring network port server solarwinds switch syslog tools
- Microsoft Discloses Government Backdoor on Windows Operating Systems « News Worldwide
windows from all users