- BBC NEWS | Business | Microsoft gives Yahoo three weeks
Microsoft gives Yahoo a three-week deadline to respond to its offer to buy out the internet company for $44.6bn (£22.3bn).
in Bad News
- BBC NEWS | Technology | Microsoft to offer free security
Microsoft has announced it will offer a free anti-virus and security software suite and will discontinue its OneCare service.
- CERT Advisory CA-2003-16 Buffer Overflow in Microsoft RPC
- CERT Advisory CA-2003-19 Exploitation of Vulnerabilities in Microsoft RPC Interface
- Download details: Office 2003/XP Add-in: Remove Hidden Data
With this add-in you can permanently remove hidden data and collaboration data, such as change tracking and comments, from Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint files.
- Download details: Step-by-Step Guide to Securing Windows XP Professional in Small and Medium Businesses
This guide explains how to implement the security measures recommended in the Microsoft Windows XP Security Guide in a small or medium business environment without an Active Directory directory service deployment. These recommendations help ensure that your desktop and laptop systems running Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (SP2) are more secure from the majority of current security threats.
- Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Music Making for MS Word - Embed sheet music into Microsoft Word ...
Embed sheet music into Microsoft Word documents quickly and easily! Music Making in MS Word combines all the powerful features of MagicScore 6, with advanced document editing and publishing features of Microsoft Word, allowing to ...
in Marketing by 71 users
- government, and Microsoft Windows news on CNET
Come to CNET for the latest news stories and articles related to government, and Microsoft Windows.
- Microsoft adCenter
- Microsoft Discloses Government Backdoor on Windows Operating Systems « News Worldwide
- Microsoft Discloses Government Backdoor on Windows Operating Systems, page 1
Discusion about Microsoft Discloses Government Backdoor on Windows Operating Systems in the AboveTopSecret.com website alternative topics discussion forum Breaking Alternative News.
- Microsoft Security
Security information for Microsoft customers of all types - businesses, consumers, IT pros, and developers. Find information about monthly security updates.
Get tools and information for computer safety, internet safety, and maintaining digital privacy from the Microsoft Safety and Security Center.
and center computer digital internet microsoft online privacy safety security
in Computers by 6 users
- Microsoft Word bytes Tony Blair in the butt
- MS03-026: Buffer Overrun in RPC May Allow Code Execution
Microsoft originally released this bulletin and patch on July 16, 2003, to correct a security vulnerability in a Windows Distributed Component Object Model (DCOM) Remote Procedure Call (RPC) interface. The patch was and still is effective in eliminating...
- MSDN: Microsoft Developer Network
- Schneier on Security
Microsoft Has Developed Windows Forensic Analysis Tool for Police
- Service overview and network port requirements for the Windows Server system
A roadmap of ports and protocols and services required by Microsoft client and server operating systems, server-based applications and their subcomponents to function in a segmented network.
microsoft from all users